In 1880, the Burlington and Rock Island Railroad began to provide transportation access to settlers located on the land that is now known as the City of Carson. During this time the first passengers and freight were unloaded in a field until a depot was built a few years later. With direct access to the railroad, plans began for the settlement and the City of Carson was officially given its name and incorporated in 1881. To accommodate this population growth that has occurred over the past century, the City has acquired several commercial and governmental operations to service the residents of Carson. Some of these operations include two banks, post office, convenience store, restaurant, several local churches, the Carson park system which includes a campground, river canoe ramp and the Carr Rodeo Arena; the historic Dreamland Movie Theatre in Downtown; and our 11,000 square foot Community Center.