Home Base Iowa (HBI) communities offer valuable incentives for veterans who relocate to their community. Please contact the community point of contact or county veteran director for more information.
In Glenwood, incentives include:
- Welcome Package from Anne Smith of Welcome Newcomers Mills County.
- Kenkel Family Chiropractic offers a complimentary initial consultation.
- The Mills County YMCA offers military discounts, new member offers and more.
- Flat Iron Laundry Center offers 10% off dry cleaning or laundry drop off.
- Therapeutic Bodyworks offers $10 off an hour massage.
- Country Tire-Glenwood offers 10% discount on initial automotive service.
- Garden Treasures offers 10% off entire first time purchase.
- Evans Equipment Company offers 10% discount on your first equipment rental.
- Gregg Aistrope Agency will give you a $2 bill with coupon.
- Bluff View Motel offers $10 off a one-night stay with reservation.
- John Gregory of Farm Bureau Financial Services offers a welcome gift with visit.
- Tri-Star Heating & Air, Inc. offers free in home orientation.
- Great Western Bank offers $50 in cash with qualification.
County Veteran Offices
IowaWORKS Centers are committed to providing quality employment services to all military service members and their spouses. All veterans and their spouse may be eligible for priority service. Please let a team member know upon check-in of your veteran status. IowaWORKS Centers provide a full range of job/career assistance. Individual services include:
- Career counseling and job search skills development
- Help locating employment and Registered Apprenticeship opportunities
- Academic skill testing and hands-on computer classes
- Creating resumes/cover letters and interview preparation
Iowa National Guard Services
Iowa Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR)
Non-Profit Statewide Veteran Support Organizations
An Introduction to CHAMPs
Iowa's Certified Higher Academic Military Partners (CHAMPs) offer higher education incentives to qualified veterans, their spouses and dependents. Benefits include in-state tuition rates, on-campus support, credit for military courses and special financial considerations.
There are currently no CHAMPs partners located in this county. Please check surrounding communities for CHAMPs offering online programs.
Home Base Iowa Statewide Veteran Incentives
The Home Base Iowa Act positions Iowa as a leader in respect, support and employment of veterans through a public-private partnership. The Iowa Legislature passed the Act in a broad bi-partisan manner and then Governor Terry E. Branstad signed it into law on Memorial Day, 2014. The Act contains the following incentives:
- Military Pensions exempt from state income tax
- $5,000 grant toward the purchase of a home
- Permissive veteran preference in employment
- Search/view Iowa businesses committed to hiring veterans
- Automatic in-state tuition at state universities and community colleges for qualified veterans and their dependents
- View the complete list state veteran benefits
- 100% disabled veterans can qualify to pay no property tax