An Introduction to Home Base Iowa Cities
Home Base Iowa communities provide additional resources and discounts for veterans who relocate to these communities. The incentives stand alone or complement those offered by the county and state. Communities have passed a city council resolution supporting the program, provide an incentive/welcome package, ensure 10 percent of eligible businesses are involved with Home Base Iowa and are able to purchase Home Base Iowa signage.
Home Base Iowa (HBI) communities offer valuable incentives for veterans who relocate to their community. Please contact the community point of contact or county veteran director for more information.
In Glenwood, incentives include:
- Welcome Package from Anne Smith of Welcome Newcomers Mills County.
- Kenkel Family Chiropractic offers a complimentary initial consultation.
- The Mills County YMCA offers military discounts, new member offers and more.
- Flat Iron Laundry Center offers 10% off dry cleaning or laundry drop off.
- Therapeutic Bodyworks offers $10 off an hour massage.
- Country Tire-Glenwood offers 10% discount on initial automotive service.
- Garden Treasures offers 10% off entire first time purchase.
- Evans Equipment Company offers 10% discount on your first equipment rental.
- Gregg Aistrope Agency will give you a $2 bill with coupon.
- Bluff View Motel offers $10 off a one-night stay with reservation.
- John Gregory of Farm Bureau Financial Services offers a welcome gift with visit.
- Tri-Star Heating & Air, Inc. offers free in home orientation.
- Great Western Bank offers $50 in cash with qualification.
Iowa National Guard Family Services
The Warrior & Family Services Branch is a Joint Force initiative that provides assistance to all military families, regardless of branch or component, who find themselves beyond the support capability of active duty military facilities or their home units. The Warrior & Family Services Branch acts as a network that allows families to mutually support one another. By providing families with information, resources and support, the program strengthens both the unit and service members. To learn more about these services, visit Warrior & Family Services.
Non-Profit Veteran Support Organizations
The American Legion was chartered by Congress in 1919 as a patriotic, war-time veteran organization devoted to mutual helpfulness. It is a community-service organization which has reached nearly three million members, men and women at almost 15,000 American Legion posts worldwide. These posts are organized into 55 departments -- one for each of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, France, Mexico and the Philippines. The American Legion's national headquarters is in Indianapolis, with additional offices in Washington, D.C. The American Legion Department of Iowa is headquartered in Des Moines, Iowa. The Department Service Office is located in the Federal Building in Des Moines, with an additional office located in the VA Medical Center in Iowa City. Visit the Iowa Legion or email: email@example.com.
County Veteran Director
An Introduction to CHAMPs
Iowa's Certified Higher Academic Military Partners (CHAMPs) offer higher education incentives to qualified veterans, their spouses and dependents. Benefits include in-state tuition rates, on-campus support, credit for military courses and special financial considerations.
There are currently no CHAMPs partners located in this county. Please check surrounding communities for CHAMPs offering online programs.