Post Your Resume
There’s never been a better time for Veterans, transitioning service members, and their families to find opportunity in Iowa. The state’s largest jobs bank, IowaWORKS, is your one-stop-shop to posting your resume and accessing resources you need to find a new career.
Meaningful career opportunities are available across the state for Veterans and their spouses. Iowa’s low cost of living and abundance of opportunity make our state a great work, live and play.Follow these steps to get started on Iowa’s largest jobs bank, and gain access to more than 80,000 job openings with opportunities to match your job-ready skills!
- Register for a new account on IowaWORKS by clicking here.
- Scroll down to Option 3 “Create a User Account” and select “Individual
- NOTE: If you already have an IowaWORKS account, you can sign in with your username and password on Option one or on the IowaWORKS.gov homepage.
- Select one of two options to get started:
- Comprehensive Registration: Select this option to not only upload your resume, but to also gain access to a number of critical resources, including customized job searches, training programs, workshops, career guidance and more.
- Register with a Resume: Click here to quickly upload an existing resume and gain access to resources to help you in your job search.
What Happens to Your Resume?
Home Base Iowa is integrated with the IowaWORKS reemployment system, matching job opportunities, business partners, and career resumes together to create the best spot for Veterans, transitioning service members, and their spouses to find jobs in Iowa.
Veterans Career Planners and HBI Career Planners that are part of IowaWORKS are also readily available to provide one-on-one assistance in helping you with all things employment related and connect you with job openings that match your interests and skillsets.
Home Base Iowa’s business partners also have the ability to search all candidates within the IowaWORKS system, including qualifications and available skills of those who identify as Veterans.
Having a central hub for both HBI job seekers and HBI employers is helping make Iowa the best state for Veterans and their families to find meaningful job opportunities in Iowa.