Veterans interested in working in Iowa can post their resume to the Home Base Iowa website.
Resume Posting Steps
- Create an account by creating a username and providing your e-mail address
- You’ll immediately receive an e-mail with a link to set up your password
- Click on the link and create your password
- You can then log into the site to create your veteran profile and upload your resume
- After Home Base Iowa approves your resume, you can log into the site and select “Edit My Resume” to view your resume and make changes
What Happens to Your Resume?
- Businesses who register on the Home Base Iowa website can see your resume
- Businesses will be notified about your resume based on the type of jobs you selected and the locations you selected
- Your resume will be shared with a workforce advisor at an IowaWORKS center
- The workforce advisor will contact you to discuss your resume and career options
How Long is My Resume Available to Employers?
- Employers can see your resume for 90 days after being posted
- After 90 days, your resume will no longer be visible
- If you are still looking for a job, you will need to log into the site and upload your resume again
Please note that only veterans can post resumes. If a veteran spouse needs help finding employment, please contact the IowaWORKS Center in the area where you are seeking employment.